Summer is here and if you know anything about Florida you will know that Walt Disney World is bound to be HOT HOT HOT! For a lot of people, the summer is the only time they can make it down for a vacation with the kiddos. The heat may be intense but you are bound to have a great time no matter what!
- Hit the Water Parks! This is the number 1 way to beat the heat! I love the Walt Disney World Water Parks, and think they are well worth the money for the extra ticket – even if you have little ones! Typhoon Lagoon has the radest wave pool I have ever seen with swells big enough you can take surfing lessons in it! (Make sure if you take a little one they have a life jacket on). Before I was a mom I would have picked Typhoon Lagoon 10 times over but since having my daughter I am in LOVE with Blizzard Beach. Blizzard Beach has the best kiddie area and a family raft ride that is thrilling but everyone can ride together! I highly recommend checking one or both of these out!
- Take Advantage of indoor attractions. Epcot is a great place to trek about on a super hot day! The World Showcase has a lot of indoor shops, snack locations, and restaurants – not to mention the Countries are pretty close together. Epcot also offers a one of a kind spot called Club Cool. At club cool you are invited to try several different sodas from all over the world at no cost to you! It is free and cool fun!
- Go on an ice cream hunt! If you have a park hopper how fun would it be to hop all around Walt Disney World trying a variety or ice cream treats! Try a Dole Whip Float at Magic Kingdom, the Kitchen Sink Sundae at Beaches and Cream, a Peanut Butter and Jelly Milkshake from 50′s Prime Time Cafe, and Mini Cones from Paradiso 37 – just to give you a few ideas!
- Take a midday break from the parks. Maybe you need to remind yourself it is okay not to be in the parks from sun up to sun down. Take a few hours and head back to your resort for a swim! One of my little girls favorite parts is the resort pool – and lets be honest they are fun! Especially on really hot day you and the kids need a break. However, if you or your husband are anything like mine it may be difficult to leave midday. What we do because park tickets are expensive, is stay more days than we buy park tickets for. That way no one feels guilty or like we are wasting money by staying by the resort all afternoon!
- Resort Hop. Its a lot of fun to check out other resorts on Walt Disney World property and you are more than welcome to! You could make an afternoon out of it and take a picture by each resort sign or food court! While your there try a different treat from each resort and maybe even a fruity drink!